Entries by Hays Barrett

FEMA HMA Cost Share Guide

A challenging component of any hazard mitigation project is putting together the required cost share for FEMA partnered projects. FEMA has developed a Hazard Mitigation Assistance Cost Share Guide for Applicants andSubapplicants applying for FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grants:  Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM), and Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA). The Cost Share Guide compliments the HMA Guidance by providing an overview of […]

SC Hazards and Vulnerabilities Research Institute

FEMA has highlighted the work being done by the University of South Carolina Hazards and Vulnerabilities Research Center in a recent Mitigation Best Practices article. The article highlights work being conducted by students and faculty in coordination with the South Carolina Emergency Management Division. 

NFIP Video Tutorial

More changes are coming to the National Flood Insurance Program. This new video summarizes the changes to the NFIP Flood Insurance Manual that took effect on April 1, 2016. Many of these changes are a result of the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014 and the continued implementation of Biggert-Waters 2012. What You Will Learn Significant recent […]

149 TADD Signs

We currently have the locations of 149 Turn Around Don’t Drown signs on the NM TADD website and interactive map. Thank you to all of the local floodplain adiminstrators who are helping to install these signs in your community.  

NFIP Call Center

Have questions about filing a flood insurance claim, LOMA’s, or Elevation Certificates? You can call the NFIP call center at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Central Time for help. 

Next Batch of TADD Signs

The next batch of 150 Turn Around Don’t Drown (TADD) signs are looking for a home. Funding for the signs came from NMDHSEM, NMFMA, and FEMA Region VI through the Community Assistance Program – State Support Services Element. Contact the NMFMA to request signs for your community.